border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-03, 09:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Oh, Imagine your pet skunk digging and eating his way through your shoe box rack.(just a word of caution)

Mardy
West Papuan/Irian Jaya
Jungle, Jungle x Diamond, Bredli
50% WP Jaguar crosses
Yellowfoot tortoises
Old 05-05-03, 09:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

I would not catch any wild skunk! They can carry rabbies and they do....have seen a lot of this in Massachusettes. There is no way to tell whether a wild animal has rabbies until it gets sick and dies from it and then they examine the brain. Besides, babies are quite capable of spraying as any adult! lol So, you wouldn't catch me doing it! lol I'll bet there are breeders out there with baby skunks available? Don't really know, I did have a friend who had a pet skunk though. They were still a bit smelly even thought they were descented. He was aggressive too.....he used to chase me right out of the room! lol They can have a pretty nasty bite too! Another reason to raise a captive breed one from an infant. Have you thought of a hedgehog? I've heard squirrils are pretty cute...
Old 05-05-03, 10:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Dom

Send a message via MSN to Dom
lol tx guys..

MArdy .. You brign up a very very alarming point... hmmm ... its true about there very curious nature .. and biting nature.. hmmm .. Now that u put it that way .. I am contemplating ..

Tx for the sugg. Elda but I am not a small rodent fan .. or marsuipial either..lol skunks that the one that attracted me or monkeys .. although I have heard only bad thing about primates as pets so i have decided to steer clear..

**looking for female Bredl's python**
Old 05-06-03, 05:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Emily-Fisher
Get a pigmy hedgehog! They are adorable! And I my friend is selling them right now
Old 05-06-03, 06:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Dom

tx for the suggestion severyone.. but rodents are not pets to me! I am not getting anything else then either a sknk or .. well nothing lol

Login to remove ads
Old 05-06-03, 08:04 AM   #21 (permalink)

This has been an interesting thread to say the least!!!

I've always dreamed of having a pet skunk since I was 12 years old when a french movie called "Bach et Bottine" came out. A kid movie with the lead actress loving animals, having her own little zoo and having a skunk as her closest pet.

I had heard here and there that they could be domesticated but never learned more about it. What's funny is that I was talking to a good girlfriend of mine a few months ago about weird animals and she told me her dream pet was a skunk. Lo and behold this thread comes up!

Now the freaky this is, after doing a few internet searches of exotic pets and small furries is that I found something else that's been a dream of mine. This may sound really weird but since I have seen my first, I have fallen completely in love with these buggers and think they're a riot. And theorhetically, it seems like a wild animal that would acclimate to domestication fairly well, anyways, I've always dreamed of having one of these crawling around my home. So what is it?

A sloth!

I always imagined filling my home with small trees, vines and lots of vegetation. Then having my animals well displayed through out my home. Having a sloth lazing around just sounded like the perfect addition to this dream.

I can't believe they are sold as exotic pets! At first I was a bit excited but that quickly wore off. Obviously they are WC and it breaks my heart to know that they are taken from their proper homes. Just imagining what the poor animal would go through to get here and then being sorely dissapointed that it's not a rainforest, I can't do that. Plus one more sold, one more taken from the wild. I've read up as much as I can and even zoos don't seem to be able to reproduce them in captivity.

I guess I'm still getting over the shock of seeing them for sale!

Pixie
Old 05-06-03, 11:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Dom

Very interesting Pixie... i just saw a Sloth recently at the bioDome in MTL .. those are HUGE primates!

The skunk and moneys are my dreams.. but the monkeys .. there too dirty and the skunk now.. well I am worried he wouldbreak into my snake cages.. so until I have an other room for him or some kind of arrangement .. I think it will now have to wait..

Closed Thread