sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-03, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Classic
Question Opinion Please!

I have a predictiment i need some advice on if you have a minute. I have a very pretty female Pueblan that I am currently getting up to breeding size. I sold my male that was not a looker and I was not interested in breeding him. I do not have a male now but have a couple on the table to purchase. Here is where I am. I've been offered a perfect male with excelent bands all the way down to the tail. The other is a not so great male but has orange(pumpkin phase) that I have not seen in a pueblan. The prospect of a good offspring with alot of orange with good bands is apealing but on the other hand. Two really good normals is a safer bet. What do you think?
Login to remove ads
Old 04-22-03, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Honestly I buy what I like the most and I hardly ever worry about what I might get in the future.

I have had lots of thoughts about buying a male to breed with my snow female corn to give a bit more variety when the hatchlings come but when I really think about it, I love snows. So I breed her with my snow male.

I think to maintain the level of interest it takes to care for these animals properly and really feel happy doing it, the ones you own must be the ones you love. You may come out with some nice pumpkin orange banded babies, but do YOU like the look of normals better? If so get the normal one. If you think you will enjoy the orangy ones even more so, then try for that. But don't let baby prices, and public opinion sway you from what animals you keep and breed in your own personal collection.

I believe if you keep this in mind, you will choose which one is right for you, and the one you will enjoy having in the long run.

Good luck! I love my Pueblan!

Old 04-22-03, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
In my oppinion, first you should look for the healthier(st) snake(s) since you aiming to breed them.
The fear leads to death as the window to the courtyard...JUMP!
Old 04-22-03, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
I always go with buy what you like. As long as the animal pleases YOU go for it. You can't count on offspring, what happens if either animal can't reproduce?.
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.
Closed Thread