sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum (http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Help me pick a flick.... (http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/general-discussion/11690-help-me-pick-flick.html)

Alicewave 03-04-03 12:42 PM

Help me pick a flick....

I got a gift cert to amazon.com for my b-day. I want to get a DVD, preferably a timeless comedy that I haven't seen before but will want to watch over and over. An example of one of my favorite comedies: Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Any ideas?

Youkai 03-04-03 12:51 PM

I would have to say Donnie Darko....

Dark comedy :D

Matt_K 03-04-03 12:54 PM

if you liked Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back, then you would also love, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy or Dogma. If i had to chose out of those, i would go with Dogma!!!

BWSmith 03-04-03 12:56 PM

Go with the South Park Movie so everytime you get in here you will hear "Blame Canada" in the back of your head ;)

Alicewave 03-04-03 12:57 PM

LOL, all the Kevin Smith movies I have or have seen 100 times. I found Donnie Darko and it's Cheap so I may throw that in for kicks. South Park is a good call as well. Ty. Keep em coming.

Geck-co 03-04-03 01:02 PM

Donny Darko ALL THE WAY mind you when Youkai says dark they really mean DARK its rather dark n ev0l.

Another hilarious movie - Mr. Deeds (but if you dont like adam sandler comedy I wouldnt sugest it) Anyone else have any idea why EVER character he portrays ALWAYS ends up being the same guy? lol

Rat Race is funny and has a all star cast. Personelly i'm not much for comedies, but i own all 3 of the above and love to watch them :)

Matt_K 03-04-03 01:04 PM

Not Another Teen Movie.

BWSmith 03-04-03 01:10 PM

You need to buy "The Boondock Saints" Best movie ever made!

Alicewave 03-04-03 01:24 PM

I was thinking of Femalien...

doenoe 03-04-03 01:24 PM

Biodome is quite a funny movie. Or the fawlty towers dvd set or something.

beth wallbank 03-04-03 01:40 PM

THE RING!!!! its out for sale today.....you will LOVE it

Alicewave 03-04-03 01:41 PM

Meh, saw it in theatres.

Geck-co 03-04-03 01:49 PM

I found the ring rather funny at some parts... great concept/movie just really bad acting and directing. If you liked it though check out the japanese version of the movie, theres The Ring, The Ring 2 (think thats what it is i have it at home i can check and post the name, also thers The Ring: Zero (prequil) if your interseted pm me ;P might be able to help ya out. They are sub-tittled.

A few other funny movies (was thinking about this heh)
- Lock Stock and two smoking barrels
- dased and confused (oldie but a goodie)
- Interstate 69 (comming to a theater this april) awsome movie pm me if it interests you - from the director of the back to the future seris
- snatch - (same director of lock stock and two smoking barrels, this was created affter lock stock very simular with totally different story lines, but same kind of directing/story line)

hrmm nothing else comes to mind *right* now

ReptiZone 03-04-03 01:50 PM

I saw dogma and it was great a must see but Idont think I woutd buy it

Youkai 03-04-03 01:52 PM

The nice thing about Donnie Darko is that, for many people, you have to watch it again at least once. You actually have to think a bit about it too. :)