border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum
 

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-14, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2014
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9
Country:
Question Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

I'm looking to get my 2nd snake, right now I have a Kenyan Sand Boa that I adore but I'm looking for something bigger and also that I could maybe see every now and then : ) I thought I had made up my mind with a BRB but now it seems I have found a different species I like as well. Can anyone on here may e help me out with some experience with either of them first hand? Behavior, Personality, Adult enclosure size, anything would be great,thanks Y'all!!
RockChalk is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 02-24-14, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan-2014
Posts: 205
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

Okay, first off, Rock Chalk? Jay Hawk? Your a fan?

Second off, I have a BRB and he is my first snake. He's about a half a year old, and doesn't bite anyone, lots of other people (I think) will second this on their babies. I rarely see mine though (once I saw him hanging on some vines, but thats about it). But I have heard once they get older, there more active (?) but I can't say for sure, because mine isn't older yet lol. But on the other hand, I see my BRB all the time cause I get him out all the time (except when shedding, and just after eating, stuff like that). So they have a really mild temp with being handled. They do require more humidity, but if you get one, do your research, duh, lol. I really like my BRB and wouldn't trade him for anything else.

As for Carpet Pythons, I have no clue, because I don't have one :P I'm sure someone can help you out there...

Anything else, just ask! Good luck!
Brylee1233 is offline  
Old 02-24-14, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Mikoh4792's Avatar
 
Join Date: May-2013
Posts: 4,858
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

All snake personalities vary between individuals, regardless of the species. But in my experience I've come across more "docile" carpets than bitey ones. Babies that are defensive and bitey usually grow out of it with age.

I'd give an adult carpet an enclosure of around 4x2x15"-2feet tall. If you get smaller carpets like palmerston jungles or rockhampton coastals 3x2x2 could work well. With carpets bigger is better.

I'd have to put my money on carpets being the better "display" animal. I see all of mine perched during the day and hanging in hunting position at night.
Mikoh4792 is offline  
Old 02-24-14, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Sharlynn93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov-2013
Location: St Marys
Age: 45
Posts: 987
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

our rainbows stay hidden most of the time until it comes near feeding day...they they will be out and about for a day or two "hunting and stalking"...
__________________
One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others. ~Moliere

Whatever you condemn, you have done yourself. ~Georg Groddeck
Sharlynn93 is offline  
Old 02-24-14, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2014
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylee1233 View Post
Okay, first off, Rock Chalk? Jay Hawk? Your a fan?

Second off, I have a BRB and he is my first snake. He's about a half a year old, and doesn't bite anyone, lots of other people (I think) will second this on their babies. I rarely see mine though (once I saw him hanging on some vines, but thats about it). But I have heard once they get older, there more active (?) but I can't say for sure, because mine isn't older yet lol. But on the other hand, I see my BRB all the time cause I get him out all the time (except when shedding, and just after eating, stuff like that). So they have a really mild temp with being handled. They do require more humidity, but if you get one, do your research, duh, lol. I really like my BRB and wouldn't trade him for anything else.

As for Carpet Pythons, I have no clue, because I don't have one :P I'm sure someone can help you out there...

Anything else, just ask! Good luck!



RochChalkJayhawk!!
I'm from Wichita Kansas so I'm also a big Shockers fan but The hawks have my Heart!! Are you a fan??
Thank you for the response!! Now I'm just wondering about being able to see them more often I am in love with both of their patterns and eventually I will have both no matter what my boyfriend says : P
RockChalk is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 02-24-14, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2014
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoh4792 View Post
All snake personalities vary between individuals, regardless of the species. But in my experience I've come across more "docile" carpets than bitey ones. Babies that are defensive and bitey usually grow out of it with age.

I'd give an adult carpet an enclosure of around 4x2x15"-2feet tall. If you get smaller carpets like palmerston jungles or rockhampton coastals 3x2x2 could work well. With carpets bigger is better.

I'd have to put my money on carpets being the better "display" animal. I see all of mine perched during the day and hanging in hunting position at night.

Thank You so much!! I have enough room for any size enclosure so bigger is better with me as well, I'm leaning towards a carpet right now but I am indecisive to say the least lol
RockChalk is offline  
Old 02-24-14, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2014
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlynn93 View Post
our rainbows stay hidden most of the time until it comes near feeding day...they they will be out and about for a day or two "hunting and stalking"...
I have heard that about brbs, my sand boa hides literally ALL THE TIME lol so I do want a snake that I may be able to see more often than not, thank you so much for the reply!!
RockChalk is offline  
Old 02-24-14, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2014
Posts: 79
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

when i got my rainbow i gave him a nice tall tank and after a few months i moved him to a flatter one, he came out once in a while and i still see him come out all the time at night, (he is out chilling outside of his favorite hide right now) but he never climbed or perched. on the other hand my carpet never came down to the ground unless it was too hot out and he was seeking shade (dead heat of summer at times when i didnt even have heat lamps on because of the heat) if you want something that you will see more often, go with the carpet, but rainbows are beautiful
aRepDysfunction is offline  
Old 02-24-14, 10:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2014
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRepDysfunction View Post
when i got my rainbow i gave him a nice tall tank and after a few months i moved him to a flatter one, he came out once in a while and i still see him come out all the time at night, (he is out chilling outside of his favorite hide right now) but he never climbed or perched. on the other hand my carpet never came down to the ground unless it was too hot out and he was seeking shade (dead heat of summer at times when i didnt even have heat lamps on because of the heat) if you want something that you will see more often, go with the carpet, but rainbows are beautiful
That's kind of what I was figuring... I would be able to see the carpet more which is a plus for me. Thank you very much!!!
RockChalk is offline  
Old 03-02-14, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan-2014
Posts: 205
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
RochChalkJayhawk!!
I'm from Wichita Kansas so I'm also a big Shockers fan but The hawks have my Heart!! Are you a fan??
Thank you for the response!! Now I'm just wondering about being able to see them more often I am in love with both of their patterns and eventually I will have both no matter what my boyfriend says : P
I could honestly care less about the jayhawks BUT I do like the Shockers!

Sorry for replying so late, I have been REALLY busy lately...
Brylee1233 is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 03-03-14, 05:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Morelia Enjoyus Maximus
 
Terranaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct-2011
Location: Kitchener
Age: 50
Posts: 4,615
Country:
Re: Brazilian Rainbow Boa vs. Carpet Python help

Carpets are out almost all of the time. Mine never use hides. Personality and temperament are as stated, individual to each snake. Many tend to be nippy when young but most grow out of it before they get large enough to draw blood. I am partial to carpets. Love them!!!
__________________
0.1 BCI 1.1.2 Jungle Carpet Pythons 1.0 Jungle Jag 1.0 Goins King Snake 0.1 Leopard Gecko 0.1 Albino Gopher Snake 1.0 Pastel Ball Python
Terranaut is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002-2020, Hobby Solutions.

right

SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0