border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-18, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

What would this combo produce?

Hi guys, have kept boas for a while and want to get into breeding (in another year or two, not immediately). I currently have a Hypo Sugar Pastel female and am looking into purchasing a Hypo poss Jungle 66% kahl 50% squaretail and am curious what combos that could potentially produce. Thanks in advance! Still learning about genetics here so go easy on me
Jervy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Old 11-09-18, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Re: What would this combo produce?

Out of that pairing you would get pastels( line bred normals that are clean), super hypos and hypos. I don't think it;s entirely appropriate to label a hypo a pastel, but lots of people do it. If the hypo poss jungle was in fact a jungle, the litter would yield jungles as well. If I were in your position, I would consider looking for hypo jungles that had another visual gene present so at least the babies produced would be 100% het. The poss het percentages that you posted will not yield anything for at least a generation and that's only provided they posses the genes in the first place...a long journey to prove out something like that. Sugar is a really nice line to deal with, but once outcrossed, the babies in my opinion can not be labelled as sugar line. Jungles are usually easy to tell with a practiced eye, and het squaretail usually has many markers as well. Hopefully that answers your question.
Andy_G is offline   Reply With Quote