border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-16, 01:28 AM   #46 (permalink)

Re: Sylphie's first clutch of Russian Rat Snakes

Figures, there's almost always one a-hole in the bunch, lol. Sounds like the large adult black racer I caught back in college. Had to wear gloves to handle, non-stop chewing the whole time I had hold of that one. Have they shed again yet? Some folks actually like/prefer snakes that have a generally nasty disposition. I prefer something easy to pick up and handle. My female thayeri will latch onto a finger every time if I don't give her food first. Live or f/t, hopper mouse or rat pink, doesn't matter. The male, same size/age, is afraid of f/t rat pinks, and runs away from them, but happily takes a live or f/t mouse.
14.14 Dominican red mountain boas, 0.0.1 Jungle cross carpet python, 0.0.1 IJ carpet python, 1.1 BCI, 0.1 Dumeril's boa, 0.1 Everglades rat snake, 0.1 thayeri kings, 1.1 Elaphe climacophora, 1.0 fire bull, 0.1 normal bull, 1.1 Candoia paulsoni tasmai. 1.1 Elaphe prasina, 1.0 speckled king, 0.1 infernalis, 0.1 Okeetee corn, 1.0 Woma python
Old 06-27-16, 01:52 AM   #47 (permalink)

roddnbecka, no, no second shed as of yet, but I think that after few more feedings they should shed soon And yes, that one is super crazy, but you only need to put something on his head (like paper towel) so he cen't see you and he immediately is cool with everything, haha! And yes, he's one of the best feeders of our bunch, the Sixth, calmest one is the opposite and needs to be super hungry to eat, so I guess she'll be slower in growing.
Old 06-27-16, 11:21 AM   #48 (permalink)

hope everything goes well with the clutch. is it my imagination or does that 1 egg far right look a little smaller?
Old 07-05-16, 05:08 AM   #49 (permalink)

And pics of the babies! Unfortunately both of my holbacks are deep in blue, the 1st female on pics is a little in blue too.

As always, if you want to see all the pics of them, I invite you >here<!