border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-16, 07:31 AM   #61 (permalink)

Re: Tsubakis Boas, an update topic.

I would have been happy with the strike to
Old 10-27-16, 03:21 PM   #62 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki

Rukia shed, she is growing so fast! Such a pretty girl! She hasn't tried to bite me in a while, I really think she put her angry days behind her! Those white flecks are water drops.

In other good news, Abaddon is 100% sure in shed she is blue all over. She also pooped a tiny bit today and peed everywhere so I had to clean, couldn't find anything weird in her stool. Gave her a soak while cleaning her tub, she does not like baths.. She actually gained a few grams of weight since she came here, which surprised me a lot. Didn't really take time to take pictures of her, wanted to put her back asap. You can see the blue hue on her belly!

Lillith was being a grump, a pretty grump though! She didn't actually strike, she has not struck at me once yet. She does always threaten though!

Last edited by Tsubaki; 12-25-16 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: Took out dead link
Tsubaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 06:27 PM   #63 (permalink)

Nice pics! Glad to hear about Abaddon, I think she's got a good outlook.
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 11:59 PM   #64 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks BSG! I think the regurge might have been because she hadn't been cared for in a while, maybe hadn't eaten for however long. Think she was well cared for at some point, then it just stopped for whatever reason(new owner maybe don't know her history). The guy talked Very big and cool, yet hit hit her in the head with a box for .. well.. Basically giving him a "look", took me a lot to remain calm and talk seriously to him after that..
Old 12-12-16, 11:36 AM   #65 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Ok update on the boas, like i said in her own topic Abaddon is doing great, check that topic out for the full update.

First of all, Rukia is growing like a weed. She's becoming a very girthy snake! At around upper-arm thickness at a length of nearly 4ft. She technically was ready to breed this year, but I prefer to wait a year longer. She has become quite inquisitive, always comes to see what I'm doing.

Lillith is doing great, eats like a champ and grows fast! Picture is a little out of focus but I did not want to risk distracting her.

Lucifer is also doing great, no complaints!

Aizen and Renji did not come out of their hide, they just pulled their food inside haha! I'll take some pictures of them next time they actually come out of their tubes.
Old 12-12-16, 10:04 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Thanks BSG! I think the regurge might have been because she hadn't been cared for in a while, maybe hadn't eaten for however long. Think she was well cared for at some point, then it just stopped for whatever reason(new owner maybe don't know her history). The guy talked Very big and cool, yet hit hit her in the head with a box for .. well.. Basically giving him a "look", took me a lot to remain calm and talk seriously to him after that..
Sorry the reponse is late, that's very strange for sure. I've seen and met a few people who thought you had to "dominate" a snake...

Everyone is looking good, too! I'll be reading Abaddon's thread next. haha
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
Old 12-13-16, 08:08 AM   #67 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thx BSG, and he definetly thought dominating was the way to go. Weirdo..
Old 12-25-16, 07:39 AM   #68 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Update on my Nicaraguan Trio, They're eating well, shedding well. No issues besides Aizens extreme aggression.. It has caused him to slam his face into, well, everything really. He now has a little bump on his nose. The vet told me to wait to see if it clear on its own, otherwise she's going to have to drain it. Don't expect it to be a big problem, it's not sensitive and doesn't restrict him from eating.

Renji let me hold him for a picture, love it when he's in a good mood
He's been doing great lately.

Rukia is a good girl most of the time now, still cautious with her because if she does strike it is with little to no warning. She let me hold her for a while and then got tired of me so I put her back.

Aizen needed a bath because he had been laying in his own filth overnight, you can see the little bump on his nose on the picture, it doesn't look all that impressive but I'm keeping my eye on it. This is as close as I can get to him without him spazzing out. I don't mind some personality, but he is taking it to the next level. He can't be hooked with one hook properly because he becomes stiff and flops off the hook, so I have to tail him.. Which causes him to test my dodging skills :P

Updating my red tails later
Old 12-25-16, 08:48 AM   #69 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

And here are the redtails, all doing great. Lillith was in shed, i usually do not handle snakes in shed but she had made a big mess of her tub so she had to come out. Even in shed she is very pretty! Lucifer shed recently, he had a tiny patch of stuck shed that I took off but the rest of it came off in one piece, I blame it on the mite treatments.

So first off Lucifer, He is such a pretty boy. And incredibly well behaved for a wild caught snake! Easy going, slight nervousness when I move too much but that's it.

Here he is taking a bath for the little patch of shed, he preferred to be on my hand in stead. Baths isn't his favourite thing in the world.

Such a pretty boy, he's visibly growing!

And back in his clean tub!

Had the bath up for Lucifer anyway, so figured why not put Lillith in it while i clean her tub. She's in shed, can't hurt. Every shed her little scars clear up more and more.

Slightly more nervous to handle than Lucifer, but very well behaved in general! And that for a wildcaught snake! She is obviously bigger than Lucifer.

And then third, she can be updated here now as she has no issues left. Abaddon is doing great, she sheds in one piece.. And always eats and keeps it down as well. She is growing like a weed, must faster than the other 2, she probably just had been lacking food. She isn't as aggressive as for example Aizen, but as soon as you pick her up she gets very nippy. Not that hard to avoid though, she doesn't put much effort in actually getting you. But it is still funny out of the 3 redtailed boas here, the capture bred one has most attitude!

Old 12-25-16, 03:23 PM   #70 (permalink)

Thats a beautiful collection, I'd be well proud of them
Old 12-25-16, 05:32 PM   #71 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks Martin I am!
Old 12-25-16, 05:48 PM   #72 (permalink)

All gorgeous boas! Rukia and Lucifer are my faves. :P

Also yay on Abaddon, that's fantastic news! She's going to grow fast now that she's getting food in her. ^.^ In the few stories I've seen people post of malnourished/"stunted" snakes, they tend to hit a rapid growth spurt once they start eating normal meals.
Old 12-25-16, 06:00 PM   #73 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks Bsg, I hope she'll grow quickly too. They're all great snakes!
Old 12-25-16, 06:16 PM   #74 (permalink)

They're all beautiful but I don't even have to tell you who my favourite girl is . I'm just so pleased to see her doing so well
now thanks for the updates
Old 12-25-16, 06:28 PM   #75 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks Dave! She is pretty cool, didn't plan on getting her (just sort of happened, she needed help) Now I'm questioning what to do after she's made a full recovery... Do I keep her? Answer seems simple....But it does mean I have to scrap something of my most wanted list to make room for a 3rd suri long term.. Tough choices..