border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-16, 07:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki
Re: Tsubakis Boas, an update topic.

Abaddon greedily accepted food, twisting, turning and rolling around her tub. Will upload a picture tomorrow, phone is too glitchy to even try. Hope she eats it! Offered her last and let her be.
Old 10-17-16, 10:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

Lilith is so clean looking, a classic Suri. I love how her saddles fade the further down her body you go.

Abbadon's eye looks kinda cloudy, think it's blind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Haha! I love this picture! Had to slide him out of his tube because i had to clean it, he was very insulted and gave me this look
Lol Nymeria's looked like that a few times when I lifted the lid off her tub. She's barely big enough to sit on the handles anymore so when I open it she falls right off. haha

Also I know what you say about Rukia. My Nymeria's the same way, but she's younger so she could fill out even more. She's all muscle and taller than she's wide though so her girth is nice and healthy, we've just got some naturally stout girls. Hopefully that makes for better litters for us.
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-16, 01:40 AM   #33 (permalink)

All beautiful boas Tsubaki but the red tails are my favourites, hopefully Abbadon will have eaten for you
Old 10-18-16, 05:40 AM   #34 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Quick pic of a very happy Renji he squeezed some poop out of the rat .. ew..
Old 10-18-16, 05:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Lilith is so clean looking, a classic Suri. I love how her saddles fade the further down her body you go.

Abbadon's eye looks kinda cloudy, think it's blind?

Lol Nymeria's looked like that a few times when I lifted the lid off her tub. She's barely big enough to sit on the handles anymore so when I open it she falls right off. haha

Also I know what you say about Rukia. My Nymeria's the same way, but she's younger so she could fill out even more. She's all muscle and taller than she's wide though so her girth is nice and healthy, we've just got some naturally stout girls. Hopefully that makes for better litters for us.
Yeah lets hope they give us better litters haha! I do like the stout look.

Lillith is absolutely gorgeous, and so are the other 2 suris imo. They're so different from each other! Lillith is the more classic beauty, rose coloured, cherry tailed with thin saddles and a clean look.. Lucifer being a pale parchment colour with broad irregular saddles and a more of a vermilion tail. And then Abaddon with the connected peak saddles cherry tail and high contrast.. They all have a lot of charm in their own way!

I don't think Abaddons eye is blind, Think it was just the ointment I put on her eye combined with flash photo and harsh LED light that made it look a bit weirder than it is. The eye itself looks alright in real life, pupil responds fine and she reacts to movement on that side. In fact the swelling has gone down a bit overnight! A work in progress though, her scales look dull in some places to me still. Her belly scales probably need a few sheds to clear up, and her eye isn't 100% yet but I think she will get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post
All beautiful boas Tsubaki but the red tails are my favourites, hopefully Abbadon will have eaten for you
Thanks mate! Abbadon did eat for me, don't think i ever saw a snake more excited about a dead rat.. Not even my retics, she rolled around with it enthusiastically was very funny to see.. Look how weirdly she contorted!

She looked pretty good this morning with a full belly, without flash so you can see her eye looks fairly good now. The swelling is not gone completely, but it has reduced a lot. Her head is showing the more traditional arrow shape now, I'm pleased it seems to start to heal with just a little help while she's only been here so briefly! Makes me feel positive about her future! I wouldn't want to be stressing her out by dragging her back and forth to my vet (3,5h drive)

Old 10-18-16, 08:44 AM   #36 (permalink)

That's brilliant news and the difference in her in a few days is amazing your doing a grand job with this girl I can't wait to see what she looks like in a few weeks at this rate
Old 10-18-16, 09:05 AM   #37 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks Dave , I can't either!
Old 10-18-16, 11:21 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I wouldn't want to be stressing her out by dragging her back and forth to my vet (3,5h drive)
It would at least get her used to traveling for her forthcoming trip to England
Old 10-18-16, 11:47 AM   #39 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

I asked her but she said she doesn't speak English, so she'd rather stay here
Old 10-18-16, 12:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

You have a beautiful crew. I love the Nics personally, especially that female. Wow. I must go look for the story of Abaddon and how she came about.
Mother_Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Old 10-18-16, 12:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks Goddess, Abaddon is a snake that only came into my possession 3 days ago, her previous owner wasn't very nice to her... Abaddons topic
Old 10-20-16, 10:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Adaddon seems to be digesting very slowly, gave her an extra comfort heater (Always on 28C) that stays on day and night to see if that will help. She might need that until she is feeling better, don't want a regurge. The other 2 red-tails had similar sized prey and their bulge is as good as gone, hers is very much visible. Just look at this picture taken 15m ago.
Old 10-20-16, 10:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

It turns out Lillith has mites! I already knew there was a realistic chance they had mites, the store told me they had a mite issue and they are recently brought in wild caught animals... Yea I was counting on it.. I treated Lillith and Lucifer the day they came in, today was the day that technically the first eggs could have hatched, and yes! With a magnifying glass I found one of those bastards, smaller than a grain of sand he was.. Couldn't find anything on Lucifer but since they came from the same enclosure I'm not going to risk it... Time for treatment no2!

Lillith right before treatment, her little scab seems to be healing well. I don't think it's very bothersome and it will fade with time as well.

During treatment, she HATES being sprayed.. Pictured turned out cute but she was actually trying to bite my phone
Old 10-20-16, 10:33 AM   #44 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Lucifer looked good, had a nice little rainbow shine going. Sad I had to interrupt him to give him a spray too, he was cool with it though.
With flash

Without flash
Old 10-20-16, 05:57 PM   #45 (permalink)

Mites are total pain in the rear I remember the first time we got them we wanted to napalm the house . And hopefully Adaddon will OK at least she getting the best care she can ih your hands
Login to remove ads