border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-16, 01:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki
Re: Crona, Anery Motley

He's looking good! Especially those side patterns.
Old 09-03-16, 08:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

Smile Re: Crona, Anery Motley

and them grays against that pearly white belly scales are just a fantastic contrast,motleys are just fab looking Boas .guess im a bit biased tho as ive got one too
richardhind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 09:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Took Crona out yesterday and he gave the camera a couple swipes, but was good outside of that. Deep in a really dark phase, too.

According to SerpWidgets, he's nearly exactly 2', only a fraction of an inch off. lol Close enough for me. Due to his snappiness today, I didn't want to chance flattening him out and getting him more pissy.

This photo was taken during his snapping "spree."

0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 1.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura - RIP Guin and Morzan, 1.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-16, 03:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki

He looks great! Liking this dark phase
Old 10-16-16, 06:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Got some more recent shots of Crona. The last weight I grabbed off him was 126 grams, and of course the 2' length from my previous post. I have decided to move him from his 10 day schedule to 12-14 days. Unlike Tirel and Nymeria, he will be eating as normal over this winter, but next winter he will be fed half as often just like the girls, and the following winter completely fasted. Unless something makes me think otherwise.

He looks like he's grown a little bit since the last photo shoot! Not an extreme amount, but just a tad.

I'm hoping the sheen I'm seeing on him tonight is predicting a shed cycle to come...The camera doesn't really pick up on it too well but I've noticed a snake's iridescence changes just slightly right before they start to darken and then go blue. Even my sunglow girl Nymeria does it, although her iridescence is mostly pink and purple hues.
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 1.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura - RIP Guin and Morzan, 1.1 Picasso stripe BRB
Login to remove ads
Old 10-16-16, 06:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

really pretty! you are right. i love his eyes.
macandchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-16, 07:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macandchz View Post
really pretty! you are right. i love his eyes.
Me, too. Motleys have the weirdest eyes. lol
Old 10-17-16, 12:56 AM   #23 (permalink)

yes i agree there iridescent disappears before a shed especially on a motley mine so goes so dull,your right about motleys eyes there just amazing

your motley is coming on great,hes nice and dark on them pics ,motleys light and dark phases are very noticable .hope he grows out that snappy stage for you
richardhind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-16, 10:44 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhind View Post
yes i agree there iridescent disappears before a shed especially on a motley mine so goes so dull,your right about motleys eyes there just amazing

your motley is coming on great,hes nice and dark on them pics ,motleys light and dark phases are very noticable .hope he grows out that snappy stage for you
Actually I've found something different to be true in my snakes. The iridescence gets a little more noticeable and it looks different than normal. Up until they go blue, then it's gone until they clear up and by then it looks mostly normal until they shed.

Yup, he ate about 2 or 3 days ago so he was dark from that. When he's light, he's amazingly light. Makes it a little more difficult to determine when he's shedding.
Old 11-04-16, 04:52 AM   #25 (permalink)

Well it's almost a month later and no shed, who would have known a motley would throw me through a loop as much as an albino...his light/dark phases are just so different.

I put a photo of him up on SerpWidgets and he's grown another 2"-3" so there should be a shed soon I would assume...

Finally got a shot of his tail! It's black except for the tip.

Then he grabbed my hair tie and would not let go.

Login to remove ads
Old 11-04-16, 11:23 AM   #26 (permalink)

lucky you ! he's really beautiful now i can't imagine adult
Elenyve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-16, 11:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

I went around and photographed almost everyone tonight, so I could have recent photos. lol Of course, the 3 quarantines came last, and the only one I touched was Crona because I wanted to see if he was going into shed. It's hard to tell but I don't think so. Crona is almost as hard to tell an upcoming shed as an albino...his dark and light phases are just so extreme and his belly is a really light gray so any pinkish hues are hard to see. His dark phases also vary in intensity.

He's in a dark phase in all these photos.

The best photo of his chin to date.

I wish I had the flash on, but at least I still captured this silly moment.

Old 12-12-16, 03:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

You have a great collection of snakes and they ALL look stunning, I'd be happy to own any one of them.
Old 01-08-17, 10:43 PM   #29 (permalink)

He hasn't been on small mice long and he's already looking like he'll need an upgrade soon. The regular adult mice are way too big for him atm though, so he'll be on these awhile longer until he gains a tad more size. Nymeria was on small adult mice for maybe a few months before she was able to make the jump to jumbos, so it seems Crona is still growing very closely to Nymeria's rate.

And the next day, no sign of that mouse. There was a bit of a bulge in person, but I couldn't get the camera to focus at an angle that would show it (my shadow didn't allow enough light for the lens).

Old 01-25-17, 06:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

Well I think I spoke too soon. Crona went blue on the 18th, only 10 days after I took the photos above. He shed 3 days ago, and I fed him and weighed him this morning, and he came out at 148 grams. Once he digests a bit, I'm going to get another SerpWidgets photo and see if he'll let me stretch him out along my bed again for a more exact measurement.

I pulled him out on the 18th to give him clean paper towels to discover a very unhappy shedding Crona. He hiss/snorted like an angry cat he was so upset. Once he shed he gave no complaints about me touching him. lol

I came home after running errands the day he shed to find him out and about and clearly freshly-shed, so I took him out immediately for post-shed photos. He was in a lovely light phase.

Login to remove ads