border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-17, 09:12 PM   #136 (permalink)

Re: New Sunglow poss het anery girl

She's FINALLY in shed, I just picked her up and she's gone blue. She was going to be fed tomorrow, her first 2 week feeding schedule since Oct, but I'm sure she won't mind waiting a bit. :P
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 09:36 PM   #137 (permalink)

I'm sure you're relieved!

If you don't mind me asking, what substrate is she on?
Skipper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 03:03 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper7 View Post
I'm sure you're relieved!

If you don't mind me asking, what substrate is she on?
I am. She's been shedding pretty consistently since her second shed with me, which also took a long time, but not as long as this time. So it was odd for her to go so long without shedding. Especially after growing so much. :/

She's currently on EcoEarth.
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
Old 02-14-17, 08:04 PM   #139 (permalink)

So she's still very much blue, but I think I see some color popping underneath! I'm hoping this shed cycle will be one of the color enhancing sheds rather than the color de-enhancing ones. Sometimes she sheds and she gets more colorful, sometimes she sheds and she gets less colorful.

I want to buy her some RBI hides, since Crona could use them after she's done, but I'm not sure what size to get her. I also need to order some more XL/jumbo hides for the bigger snakes.

Old 03-08-17, 09:23 AM   #140 (permalink)

Nymeria has gotten an upgrade in her hides, I ordered a few medium hides from LLL last month and ditched the tiny cottage cheese containers she's had for like 1.5 years. lol They're very large on her, but she'll grow into them soon enough.

Her last weight was 422 grams, and she has visibly grown since the last photos I took of her in my hand. She's also starting to lose her "baby face."

Login to remove ads
Old 03-08-17, 12:30 PM   #141 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

She looks great BSG!
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 11:28 AM   #142 (permalink)

I took some photos of her in the sunlight filtered through the plastic over the windows (and with the sun at an angle so it wasn't shining full blast in the snake room), and these photos show her off a bit better. I'll be so glad when I can take her outside into the shade again, it should make her colors pop even more.

She's starting to make weaned rats look small, but she's got a long way to go yet before I'll feel comfortable putting her on smalls. I think she'll actually make it onto smalls by the time she turns 2, though. I didn't think she would at first, but she's truly growing on her weaned rats vs the jumbo mice. Yesterday's feeding was the first one on weaned rats that was spaced out by 3 weeks, the rest were 4 weeks. It would have been 2 weeks, but I was basically constantly asleep the entire week I was supposed to feed her. I think I've figured out a rhythm now, though.

Old 03-17-17, 04:10 PM   #143 (permalink)

Great pics bsg,she looking really colourful
Old 03-27-17, 03:59 PM   #144 (permalink)

Solely catching up on your collection bsg-pretty snake, for a morph
Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM   #145 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki

She's looking great! Love that head pattern.