PDA

View Full Version : baby timber rattlers

dunawayeric
09-14-03, 07:03 AM
if i would go out and get or buy 2 baby timber rattlers could they be housed in the same cage or would you have to house them in two different cages....and also what do you feed a baby timber...would it be the same as a cornsnake of its size..

Gregg M
09-14-03, 11:31 AM
You should be able to house them together with no problem for now........ I would suggest feeding them in different cages or totes....... I house my breeder gaboons together but feed them away from eachother........ My female bit my male during a feeding once........ The male was fine but I needed to swab his mouth on the inside and on his face where the puntures were....... Not a fun task........ As far as feeding goes if they are CB you should have no problem getting them to take pinkies....... They are pretty good captives and usually do very well in captivity....... Just dont get bit.......

dunawayeric
09-14-03, 02:49 PM
should i start feeding them live pinkies or dead ones....so it will be ok for them to live together but just make seperate feeder boxes...

NewLineReptile
09-14-03, 03:08 PM
Have you ever owned a Venomous snake before?

Gregg M
09-15-03, 02:04 AM
You can try both..... If they start on live that is fine....... You can always get them on dead pinks later on...... And yes it will be ok to house them together for now........ Just feed them seperately.....

dunawayeric
09-15-03, 06:37 AM
allright thanks for all the help

SCReptiles
09-15-03, 03:59 PM
If they are collected you will probably have to start with live. If you are CB, they will probably accept f/t, but every snake is different. I have 3 CB babies ready to go, $25/each. Where are you located?

fatboy
09-15-03, 04:00 PM
SCR does have certain criteria expected of our buyers. **DISCLAIMER TO KEEP BW HAPPY**

SCReptiles
09-15-03, 04:07 PM
SCR does have cetain criteria expected of our buyers.
Yes, we will require official US government documents. One with a $20 in each corner and one with a $5 in each corner. =)

BWSmith
09-17-03, 08:19 AM
Ack! Sounds like Glades ;)