View Single Post
Old 04-06-03, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
Taken from the HOWTO Forum, thread title "How to choose an appropriate forum"...

Originally posted by Linds
Not sure where exactly to post your thread? Here's a more detailed description of the forums to help you find out where it fits

<B>General Discussion Forum</B>
This is reserved for threads that do not fit into any of the designated forums.

<B>Front Page Polls Forum</B>
This is where you can post a poll if you want it to appear on the homepage.

<B>Feeder Forum</B>
This is reserved for threads pertaining to the feeder (crickets, roaches, rats, mice, rabbits, fish, etc), such as raising them, etc., not to the animal that is eating them.

<B>Classified Forums</B>
These are self-explanatory. Lizards for sale, go in the For Sale: Lizard Forum, wanted ads go in the Wanted Forums, etc. Snake ads do not go in Lizard Forums, etc. Please refer to the <a href="">rules</a> for these forums. The "Other" Forum is designated for supplies, exotics, amphibians, invertabrates, etc. NO domestics or other non-herp related items please. Classified ads go in the Classified Forums, not species-specific forums, General Forums, etc.

<B>General Species Forums</b>
<I>These include the General Python Forum, the General Boa Forum, General Colubrid Forum, General Venomous Forum, General Lizard Forum, General Amphibian Forum, General Invertabrates Forum, General Fish, General Turtle/Tortoise, and General Crocodilian Forum.</I> These forums are for threads that are of mixed content (more than one species of specified family), for threads that are general in nature - pertaining to more than one species of said family, for threads pertaining to animals that do not already have designated forums.

<B>Species-Specific Forums</B>
<I>These include, but are not limited to, such forums as the Boa Constrictor Forum, Morelia Spilota Forum, Giant Python Forum, Elaphe Guttata Guttata Forum, etc etc. </I>These are for threads pertaining to said species, these threads do not go in the General (Family) Forums, or the General Discussion Forum.
Login to remove ads