View Single Post
Old 11-21-15, 10:26 AM   #69 (permalink)
bigsnakegirl785

Re: Riverrun (Poss Temp Name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Not to nag, but if that last feeding picture is what she's been eating after she went up in size.. You might want to up it again, i feed my growing retics prey that are 1,5times thicker than their thickets part. At a year they can easily eat large rats, they can even take bigger. They do grow in spurts but they dont stop like that in my experience.
I'm feeding her based off of weight, 15-20%, then I find the size that falls within that and then I don't worry about the size, so she gets a variety of rat weights. It's also possible I grabbed a weaned rat instead of a small, the last time my fridge failed I had to dump all my rats/mice into the shipping box's dry ice, so I had to guess what was what when putting them back in their bags. They were thawing out when I left them in their respective bags. :/ I can go and weigh all the mid-sized rats I have and separate all the biggest ones, I didn't think it would make that big of a difference for her to get slightly smaller rats every once in awhile.

I did discuss in another post in this thread her previous owners were feeding her fuzzy mice every 2 weeks when she should have been eating rat pups, and I got her when she was already 6 months old, so she's a bit behind in growth. She's right around 4' right now, when she should be 5'-6'.
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 1.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura - RIP Guin and Morzan, 1.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote