View Single Post
Old 11-20-15, 06:06 PM   #67 (permalink)
bigsnakegirl785

Re: Riverrun (Poss Temp Name)

Despite all this weight she's gaining she doesn't seem to be growing much at all in length, most of her weight seems to be going to thickness now. :/ Measuring her on SerpWidgets shows she hasn't grown an inch since I measured her in September, and she definitely doesn't look it in person either, which is why I brought her up on SW in the first place. This seems weird to me because I have both bumped up her food size and upped her feeding frequency to every 7-10 days in the past 2 months.

Over the ~7 months I've had her she's grown pretty much 6" every 2-3 months and now her growth has stopped.

The photo I used to measure her with.

Is it possible she's getting ready hit a huge growth spurt or something? At a year old I'd expect her to still be growing rapidly, but do retics grow in spurts rather than steadily during this time? Or could her being underfed by her breeders/owners have stunted her even worse than I thought?
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote