Thread: scanning pets
View Single Post
Old 03-26-03, 11:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
SnowFoxx

Send a message via AIM to SnowFoxx
Mad Hatter: The bonsai kitty page is a joke. The didn't actually shove *any* cats into jars, and if you examine the pictures carefully you'll see that. The pics they show that *are* real are very small kittens crawling into very large jars that they could not possibly get stuck in. It's a joke. Laugh.

The cat scan page does not appear to be a joke. Most if not all of those appear to be actual scans of actual cats. However, almost all of them are scans of the cat's feet or butt while they sit/stand on the scanner. There are only one or two face shots, and I don't see a hand holding the cats head so it has to look at the scanner. I've owned a lot of cats in my time, so I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that their owners coaxed them onto the scanner and took the scan fast while the cat stodd there...no force involved. My cats like to get onto/into everything, so I can definitely see them getting on a scanner. Another note...I have not only scanned my face, I have *copied* it as well, and the brief flash of bright light (many scanners don't have lights anymore) is far from torture. It's mostly just a surprise (note the look of surprise on the face of the cat...LOL). Once again, LAUGH. *I* think it's funny.

- Victoria :w