View Single Post
Old 02-24-03, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Again, playing Devil's Advocate (I must have a subscription ) your terms of service read as follows:
By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
OK, let's see. Obsene: not that I have seen. Vulgar:again, not that I have seen. Sexually orented: No such luck and a little disturbing Hateful:I think this one is the key. THis is a very broad and ambiguous term open to interpetation. If I said, "Jeff, your avatar sucks" it could be termed hateful, but it is also an opinion. If I said "Matt, it is not right for you to get a mamba! You don't have the experience! That thing will Kill you! It is fast intelligent and deadly! It doesnt even have to open it's mouth to kill you!" That could also be considered hateful. (fun to use admins as examples ) If I said "Dom, 30 people gave you reasons not to get that Nile Croc! Now your hand got bit off, what did you expect?!?!" That could be hateful. But sometimes people need a slap in the face to wake up. The problem is that once something is said ANYWHERE, it is said forever. And bad things tend to follow you around or just wait for you everywhere

Moving along. I do not think it is right to "chase people" for the sake of chasing them. But at the same time, by chasing the chasers, doesn't that bring one down to their level? And if the chasers (not to be confused witht he chaser chasers) bring solid info, whether the chased wanted it out or not, I do not see a problem. When it gets into a flame, it is.

Flipping the coin again. It is the admins' resposibility to mantain order, so if there are destructive posts, it is ya'lls realm. But the hard part about being an admin is keeping order while allowing free speach and free trade of information.

Just to add a final note (cause it's bed time). This is also in the TOS:
The owners of have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
This is pretty self explanitory. Just a random thought that this sentence makes me think of: Just because you CAN do something does not mean you SHOULD. Take that sentence as you will. I am not condemning anyone or condoning anything. I just love a good debate

BTW: My examples were just that. The issues have not come up. Easiest to use Admins' names
I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.