Thread: Have beliefs?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-03, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to J_Riley
I agree, but in my experience, giving your opinion, even when containing facts, if they're facts someone else doesn't want to hear, causes friction. I personally don't think that's a bad thing. But unfortunately, there are many, many wishy washy people that are scared to death in this day and age to say something, or let others say it if they're in a position of power and can prevent it (good ole censorship).

I can make a simple statement about another herp site (ANY herp site) and I guarantee a moderator or admin will reprimand me - even if I were to say all the people at site xyz wear green underwear. Even if all the people at this site DO wear green underwear, I won't be permitted to say it. Why is that?

I encourage everyone to speak their mind, say what you think. I would say the same thing in person as I do on the internet.

But, it's gotten me restricted from visiting some places, turned many people against me b/c I disagreed with those people that other "sheep" followed blindly. On the other hand, it's made some people re-examine their view on a certain subject.

BE ABLE TO THINK FOR YOURSELF, use the brain that god gave you to come to your own opinion on a subject. You might learn something you didn't know b/c someone might point out a flaw in your reasoning. Someone might learn from you.
Rome did not build a great empire by having meetings, they did it by killing all who opposed them.

Last edited by J_Riley; 02-19-03 at 07:49 AM..