View Single Post
Old 08-10-12, 07:36 PM   #47 (permalink)
Pareeeee
Forum Moderator

Re: Dangerous pet products that should never be used for pets

This is a great thread!! I e-mailed some people that were selling heat rocks in the classifieds and told them they should throw them away because they are very dangerous. I never got a response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake man12 View Post
Glass Aquariums
They don't hold any humidity or temperature, they can be escaped easily unless the proper clips are purchased.
Also cleaning is a problem because of the weight of the glass and they are very fragile. Also they offer almost no security for the reptile.
They are mad for fish not reptiles, Don't use them, either buy a tub or make a custom enclosure.
This I disagree with - it is all relative to the type of reptile you are trying to keep. I would not keep a Ball Python in a glass terrarium, for instance, since they are shy snakes with high humidity requirements.

My Rosy Boa, Boaz, does well in his glass terrarium since he is a desert-dweller who needs a dry environment. All you have to do is black out the sides and back with bristol board, or if you feel like something more permanent, paint them. I also have one of those metal tops that clicks into place around the plastic edging on the top of the tank. It doesn't budge...not with a *small* snake like Boaz, anyway.
Instagram: pareeeee17