Thread: Pointless WAR!!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-03, 03:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Them and Us
Send a message via ICQ to Them and Us Send a message via AIM to Them and Us
over confidence=complacency . i do wish you the best of luck but you say you are fighting for the freedom of the United States and the pursuit of happiness. The United States is under no attack and is not ruled by a tyrant and stripped of its freedoms. i do not particulaly like Gearge W. Bush but i would not call him a tyrant. Fighting for the pursuit of happiness? were you not happy at home? at more peaceful times. War does not always bring Beauty and Peace. what was that old Wilfred Owen poem ending something like " The old lie: Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." I believe that statement translates into " The old lie: It is fitting and honorable to die for ones country." He was a soldier in World War 1 mind you . I do not mean to offend and i believe that I might have, so i apologize. i could not help but reply. this turned out to be a post moredirected towards war in general than the war in iraq. oh well.
"a tolls a toll, and a rolls a roll, and if we don't get no tolls... then we don't eat no rolls "