View Single Post
Old 02-02-03, 01:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
OMG V.aW thank you, thank you very much. That couldn't be any closer to the truth. I think if anything on this board should be changed it is the bias remarks of so many members. Now, for Beth Wallbank, I appreciate your input but I feel you couldn't be more wrong from the truth.

Honestly people, there is no need for a BOI, not for the small amount of herpers there are in this country. Heck, by word of mouth alone is enough to know the good, the bad, and the ugly on each and every one of us. I have heard enough 'hear say' without the BOI to know who is doing what, and the size of underwear to buy. This community of people is quite close knit, and it seems that if there is a bad apple on the tree, everyone is already aware of it.
Well excuse me for being new into the herp community. Unfortunately I do not know all the big guys like Bob Clark or Corey Woods to tell me who and who isn't reputable. I don't know about you, but I do not have 1200 dollars to throw away. If I am going to spend 1200 dollars I want to make sure my money is going to the right person and someone who will give the quality I am looking for. Also yes we know who the reputable breeders are, Chris Marshell, Corey Woods for example. However what if there are smaller breeders with good reps who will sell the animal for cheeper but with the same quality? Do you understand where I am coming from?