Thread: Big dealers
View Single Post
Old 05-23-02, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Darren Hamill
Former Member
I agree with Corey,

This has been an ongoing debate over many different forums on Kingsnake. If you are planing on buying a reptile from a breeder or dealer and they claim it's captive bred and born (CBB) do some research on them and make sure they are whom they claim to be. It's one of my peeves when I see breeders/dealers posting opn the classifieds making the statements that the animals that they are selling were produced by them and they are CBB when you know they arenít.

Another thing that happens more than people admit it is that many people advertise their animals as "CB." This can be misleading because this can stand for both "captive bred" witch means the adults were bred and produced offspring in captivity or it can also stand for "captive born" witch means that the animal is from an imported gravid female. These are two VERY different things! A more appropriate way of advertising your animals if they are captive bred and born id CBB. This way there is no mistaking them.

Again it all comes down to doing your research and making sure the person has a good reputation in the buisness/hobby. There is no substitute for 100% CBB reptiles! Take it from the experienced breeders that produce the real quality that you're looking for.
Darren Hamill