Thread: Steve Irwin?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-03, 09:50 PM   #57 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to BIG SCOTT Send a message via Yahoo to BIG SCOTT
Personally I love the guy I think he is very entertaining but I also think he does some very stupid and unprofessional things. He aslo gives out incorrect or false information from time to time. I would love to see the statistics of how many people have been bit by venomous snakes because of his show. I don't like the fact that he is branching out into movies now, I view him as somewhat of a SELL OUT now. The thing that bothers me the most about him is the fact that he tails every venomous snake he sees which I would consider very unsafe, granted he knows the strike range of each snake and how far he can grab it on the tail before he is to close but he has had some very close calls. I prefer the pinning method when i work with venomous snakes and prefer to see people on t.v. do it the same way. I prefer O'shea to all of the t.v. herpetologist b/c he seems to be the most knowledgable and takes everything more seriously that the others he also only looks for the more uncommon or hard to find species of reptiles
We may have snakes sticks but you still can't compare that to the craziness of a Homeless person!!