View Single Post
Old 01-08-03, 02:07 AM   #39 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Originally posted by Seanebones
Tai Pan1:
This will probably alienate me from some people here but that is life,
First of all, thank you for serving our country. Thank you for defending my freedoms that I enjoy on a daily basis. Thank you for having the testicular fortitude to put your life on the line, for the freedom of all Americans. I have nothing against Canada at all, but believe me folks, you would be the first to hide under our apron if, and the way it looks now, when, the real **** hits the fan. Being as neutral as Switzerland sounds real nice until you need the USA to pull your *** out of the fire, and you will if things keep heading down the path we are on. My Father is an immigrant from Ireland who fought in WWII in the British Army with the Royal Irish Fusiliers 2nd Battalion. I am not in a great hurry to leave my family and go risk my life in a foreign land, but someone has too, and If called, I guess it would be time for a nut check, and I would go, PROUDLY.
The rest of you can take that how you want to take it.
Canada isn't neutral, last time I checked we were in NATO, NORAD and the UN. Canada participated in both WWI and WWII (with out waiting for the war to be 1/2 over before joining in either) fighting along side the British. Ever hear of Vimy Ridge? Flanders Field? Normandy? Dieppe? Canada was there. My Grandfather (a Canadian) was part of the RCAF fighting along with the RAF.

The USA was reluctant to join either of these wars. They prefered to be merchents supplying the war machine, making money off of the countries fighting for the liberty of the western world. They were dragged into WWI by German subs sinking American supply ships disguised as cruise ships and into WWII by the Japanese assult on Pearl Harbour.

Canada since then has participated in many peacekeeping missions and even has supplied troops in America's "War on Terrorism". Do these sound like the actions of a neutral country?

As for asking the USA to come to Canada's rescue last I remember it was the USA that was asking for troops for their war.

Canada has provided men to fight when needed, with out requiring the draft. Canada may not have the standing army the USA has, but when it comes to a crunch Canada is there waiting.
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.