View Single Post
Old 01-07-03, 12:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Originally posted by tai_pan1
This entire post has made me sick! First, I served in the United States Marine Corps for 10 years and am proud of it. Second, I am proud of my country and what it stands for. Alicewave, if your sick of it, leave! See if you can travel the world and find a better country. I can guarantee that you can't. As for all you whiners complaining about getting drafted, don't worry. This country will never institute the draft unless our shores are threatened by an enemy. It would be political suicide and that's not what the politicians go to Washington for.

It's nice that you volunteered, that's your perogitive, and some thing you can be proud of. However in the 50's and 60's there was a draft to send soldiers overseas to Korea and Viet Nam to fight in another countries CIVIL WAR. Thats where the american war machine lost all credibility with the american public. It's one thing to fight for your country, it's another thing to be forced to fight for another country.

As for the usa being the best in the world, it hasn't been rated #1 in a long time. Canada comes in 1st quite often.
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.
Login to remove ads