View Single Post
Old 12-30-02, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Former member
well a Columbian (now matter how big it gets will never be as big as a berm) I keep columbians and have had a few large ones over the years.Biggest female I have ever seen was about 9 feet or so and she was freeking huge. I have heard and read of the northern most form of the columbian can hit 10 feet but that would be rare.Most true redtails don't hit 10 feet. Average size for a large boa of any species would be about 7-8 feet.I think (I am not a python person) berms and retics are more like the 14-15 foot range and can hit 20 feet well that is not "just about as long as a burmeese python" There is though a retic called a dwarf which is more the size of a boa I am told but I hear they are hard to find.

I agree some laws aren't fair but that is life, you can thank the dummies and morons of the world who. #1 had these animals before you had interest. #2 let these animals escape or run wild #3 have people injured due to these animals .# 4 not been prepared to take proper care of the animal,so shelters and rescues get them. #5 bringing negative press to the aforementioned animals. The press loves these type of stories for the news and for the front page so thank the morons of the world for what you have to live with.

Hats off to the respectable pet owners we are becoming few and far between now days, we owe our animals and ourselves the respect and the care required to allow us to remain a part of the community.

2 cents and a shot of wiskey !!!!!

your weird cousin

“You know its funny I was thinking about what you said. The preeminent truth of our age is that you can not fight the system. But if as you say the truth is fluid that the truth is subjective then maybe you can fight the system. As long as just one person refuses to be broken refuses to bow down” “But can you win?” “Every time I say NO”