View Single Post
Old 12-19-02, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Big Mike
I like LOTR about as much as I like snakes. I bought tickets to Two Towers, three weeks ago so that I could see it right when it opened at 12:05 am on the 18th. Therefore my opinion might be a little biased. I really liked it, as well as the first movie. Even if you don't know or particularly like the story line, you have to admire the effort that went into making these movies.

As always, the books are much better than the movie could hope to be. I have read LOTR many times as well as the other related works by J.R.R. Tolkien. You really have to admire the depth that this story has. Weather this comes through in the movies is not always clear.

Although it's about "wizards and elves"...the story, at it's heart, is about friendship, the struggle to do what's right and other good stuff like that. I guess you just have to be able to use your imagination to get into the story.
If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity.