View Single Post
Old 12-04-02, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scotty Allen
Scotty Allen's Avatar
Join Date: Jul-2002
Location: Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
Age: 63
Posts: 478
Assuming none are CITES listed animals, all you need is a USFW inspection. Yes, you must declare them, you must have an invoice showing value so that Canada Customs can collect GST and whatever the PST is for Manitoba, as well as common and Latin names. You cannot have any more that 8 of any species without a commercial import permit. It is also helpful if you have a book with you illustrating the species you are importing.

If anything is CITES listed, forget it unless the person you are buying them from has already applied for and received export permits. The process can take months.
:eb: Scotty Allen :eb:

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
Scotty Allen is offline