Thread: Fumes
View Single Post
Old 11-25-02, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Quervo's Avatar
Join Date: Mar-2002
Location: Langley, B.C.
Age: 61
Posts: 374
It would be best if you can keep your room well ventilated for a while. The problem with paint fumes is that they are long term. If it is an oil based paint that was used it can offgas for up to five years. Now these paints will cause problems in people, so I assume they will cause problems with reptiles too. Of course reptiles have a much lower respiratory rate and slower metabolism so it won't affect them as much. (this is why the debate continues if we should worry). My thoughts are .. better safe than sorry .. keep as much fresh air in the room as you can for them, and that's about all you can do. If it was a different room that was painted, I doubt they will have been affected enough to worry.
Committed to creating safe havens for our scaly friends
Quervo is offline