Thread: Fraud (help)
View Single Post
Old 11-06-02, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lisa's Avatar
Join Date: Jun-2002
Location: Trenton
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Better Business Bureau is useless unless the person is a member.

Small claims court may be your best method, specialy if they're out of state, they have to come to show up, which may cost them more then just refunding your money or giving you the item in question.

if you used the US Postal Service to send the money you can report the person to them, as using the USPS for fraud has some severe penalties.

If you sent a cheque your canceled cheque is your receit.
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.
Lisa is offline