View Single Post
Old 10-02-04, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to necoris Send a message via AIM to necoris Send a message via MSN to necoris Send a message via Yahoo to necoris
Thanks Navonod.

Here is what I had in mind:
First off, I want a reptile classifieds website. I don't think I will have forums, but a complaint system would be well in order. Something that can report bad sellers.

Here is the catch. I was thinking about storing personal information (100% secure) so that if authorities contact me trying to get in touch with a seller, I can give them the information they need. I still need to come up with a legal way to do this and work some things out, but I want to stop people from getting ripped off.

Second, I don't want any banner ads at all. I hate going to websites that have banner ads. They are usually messy and don't go with the website design. I'm going to try to support the website without ads (which seems very feesable considering) but we'll see.

Third, it will be very easy for the consumer to use. Yes, there will be a monthly, perhaps pay-per-ad fee (I am in no way set for sure). I'll make it very similar to eBay in the sense that it is easy to use.

I want to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Please know that I have mentioned no names of my competitors and will never do so for the entire length of my business career. This is a good way for me to get a lawsuit that is 100% unneccessary.

Once again, thank you for all of your input.