View Single Post
Old 09-27-04, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
With good breeding Dobes can be one of the most loyal stable dogs you will ever own. Bad breeding....... you could end up with a dog that is either way shy and nervous (fear biter) or very aggressive.
They need to be socialized a lot, take your pup lots of different places and introduce him to different types of people, don't worry about him not being protective because a good Dobe knows when to jump into action. They are really good at reading your body language and can sense when you are uncomfortable around someone. My Dobe liked everyone, but no matter how many times my ex came to visit my daughter, my Dobe wouldn't let him touch him and would stand between us. LOL! I guess he could sense how I felt about him! Best of luck with your new pup and if you have any more questions feel free to PM me.
1.4 Ball Pythons,1.1 Greybanded Kings,1.1 Cal Kings,1.1 Brooksi, 0.1 Goini,2.1 Striped Motley Corns, 1.1 Normal Corns, 1.0 Ghost Motley Corn,0.2 Anery Corns, 0.1 Emoryi x Corn, 2.1 Western Hognose,1.1 Leucistic Texas Rats, 1.1 Mexican Black Kings