Thread: pet for a child
View Single Post
Old 09-11-04, 10:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Lrptls Send a message via MSN to Lrptls
thanks for your suggestions and ideas every one. the hedgie idea is out, i dont know too much about them but it doesn't seem like much of a child's pet any more. i still think the best pet for her would be a corn snake but i'm really gonna have to talk to her dad about that-see, he doesn't know any thing at all about snakes, if i can just talk to him and teach him some things i hope he'll feel a little better about them.

i was thinking about an adult leopard gecko though. they eat alot less than babies and are probably easier to handle (my baby is still really jumpy, even tried to bite me the other night).

but theres also the fact that her father is VERY busy, always gone in other parts of the country doing big business things and she is busy too, goes to school, does alot of after school activities and more. i think maybe she should get something really simple at first like a little newt so all she'd really have to do is clean and feed it's little home.

if she doesn't take care of it well, i know she needs a while before she should get into any thing else, if she does, then thats great, maybe she could get the snake or the lizzard or whatever.
0.0.1 tentacled snake, 0.1 brazilian rainbow boa, 0.0.1 black blood python, 1.0 jampea reticulated python, 1.1 yellow anacondas, 1.1 emerald tree boas, 3.1 BCIs, 1.1 ball pythons, 1.0 tiger salamander, 1.1 african giant millipedes, 0.0.2 cockatiels, 2.1 ferrets, 3.0 pet rats, some fish and more