View Single Post
Old 09-11-04, 01:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
emilsmee

my mother did a project when she was in college a few years ago about farm animal cruelty and it was definately despicable. i've had a couple friends who have worked at turkey farms also. what they do to those animals is just as cruel, though it is still a means to a useful end. i've seen videos of pigs getting beaten to death with crowbars. and my friends were the low paid people who bludgeoned turkeys to death and threw them in a pile in the corner of a room while they bled to death. most are kept in appauling conditions (veal anyone?). so yeah, it's just as cruel, but at least we can say there's a reason, and they're never raised to think they're loved or that they're anything other than food. at least they shouldn't have a sense of betrayal while this is happening.
and i mean lions don't worry that they hurt the antelope they hunt and eat. you'll never see a lion with a sign, protesting the other lions hunting and killing zebras. meat eaters eat meat, thats life. but to kill a cat that was born for no other reason than to be a companion and loved pet and to love people, thats horrible and downright evil.

on a side note: anyone ever watch "animal cops" on animal planet, it's all about things like this. it's an awesome show, but really unbearable to watch sometimes.

Last edited by emilsmee; 09-11-04 at 01:06 AM..