Thread: pet for a child
View Single Post
Old 09-08-04, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Lrptls Send a message via MSN to Lrptls
pet for a child

my grandmother watches this little girl (who turns 7 in october) and her dad wants to get her a pet for her birthday.

she loves coming over and holding my snakes and lizards, which her dad does NOT like, which is sad cause shes very mature and i think she could easily care for a corn snake with just a little bit of help. i suggested leopard geckos but my grandmother said she highly doubts her dad will buy that many crickets and mealworms.

he really wants her to get something like a hampster or gerbil but she doesn't like them, though she does like rats which i hear make great pets but guess what, he hates them.

sooo i thought about hedgehogs, very cool looking little creatures that i think all 3 of them will like and enjoy. i read about their basic care and it seems like they can care for it. but i have never had one myself and i dont like to go by just written words, i want to hear from some one with experience!

if any one here who has had or does have a hedgehog can you tell me if you think this is a good or bad idea?

if this is a bad idea, please suggest some more pets, thanks!
0.0.1 tentacled snake, 0.1 brazilian rainbow boa, 0.0.1 black blood python, 1.0 jampea reticulated python, 1.1 yellow anacondas, 1.1 emerald tree boas, 3.1 BCIs, 1.1 ball pythons, 1.0 tiger salamander, 1.1 african giant millipedes, 0.0.2 cockatiels, 2.1 ferrets, 3.0 pet rats, some fish and more
Login to remove ads