View Single Post
Old 08-23-04, 11:41 PM   #55 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
Originally posted by hhw
I would still bet good money though, that the average American spends more money on gas than the average Canadian... rush hour traffic going in and out of Seattle up to a good 100km out of the city on the interstate makes Granville Street in Vancouver look clear.
Hmmm... Canadians don't commute? My dad has a 1.5 hour (ALL highway) drive to work. A friend of mine has an hour drive to get to work, 6 days a week. Another friend of mine has to drive 2 hours. One of my ex's used to have to drive 1.5 hours to the initial place, then drive around from job site to job site the whole day. Mike has had several jobs in the past which he has had to commute. Most people I know either currently, or have had at some point, a job in which they had to commute. I've never had a job where I've had to drive more than 25 minutes to get there, so I'm probably one of the luckier ones that I know. Although there were several years as a teen in which I spent 1/2 - 3/4 of the day driving, usually back and forth from Toronto and around the Niagara Region. I still drive a fair amount, but not as much... there isn't anything in my town so I usually have to go to another city when I need something, but most of my friends live quite a distance from where I am. Rush hour sucks... I have little patience to sit in stop and crawl traffic... or in any kind of traffic for that matter... hehehe... I'm under the silly impression everyone on the road should part and let me through I don't know... from my experiences I wouldn't put Canadian driving below anyone else's
Login to remove ads