View Single Post
Old 08-23-04, 12:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
The premium of buying from a good breeder is only worthwhile if you care about getting high-end stuff. For "pet" animals, I wouldn't care who bred it so long as it was CBB and healthy. I go to the shows whenever I can even when I'm not buying. I love seeing what people are selling and how much it's going for. Call it market research. When I get into breeding you can bet I'll be buying premium stock, and paying whatever it costs to get it.

As for haggling, I dont see anything wrong with it. I dont do it much myself, because I'm not good at it, but you dont have to take it personally. You know what you're willing to sell your animals can always say no. If I have $100 to spend, and you have something for 120 that I really want, I may ask you to make a deal. I'm not saying it's not worth 120. I just cant go any higher at the time. Again, you can say no. It's not personal, it's just business.

1 adult bull snake: "Dozer"; 1.1 juvenile bull snakes: Oscar and Phoebe; 3 baby red-sided garters; 1.1 macklot's pythons