View Single Post
Old 08-19-04, 12:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
One point I haven't noticed in this thread was those who are "perma-fried". A former co-worker, guessing 28 yrs old) is in such a state. He was always slow witted it seemed, never seemed alert, had the "Beavis and Butthead"(sp?) laugh down pat.
I have found these type of people are the ones who get stoned on a daily basis. It's all about being responsible, I have friends' parents who smoke MJ like one drinks beer. You don't drink before work, you don't drink after work. You drink in moderation.

Yes, I know most people who smoke MJ are not “burn outs”. I have many friends that fit that description and are quite fun to be around. But, how would you know when you've crossed that line? Who would ever admit to being a burn out? I like that ad on TV with the kid finds his brother wallet in the laundry, talks about how his brother smokes pot and how he doesn't do anything bad. Then at the end he says, "He doesn't really do anything anymore." That was the co-worker. Get up, go to work, go home get high. Repeat. That was his life. I don't think he will recover from that state of mind. It probably came from many years of smoking, but that is a path I choose not to start.
You can find the same thing in alchoholics - they get up, have a beer, go to work, have a few beers at lunch time, go home, get loaded, repeat. I guess the whole point of my thread was wondering why we can accept a substance like alchohol, but there is a good part of the population who shun users of MJ.