Thread: Just Curious...
View Single Post
Old 08-18-04, 09:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to damzookeeper
I agree that the forum is here to answer questions, even the simpliest questions. If I can contribute I will to any questions asked, even if I think they should know it already or should have done their homework first. I think part of my reason for this is because of when I first got into herps a few years back. I bought my first herps from a pet store a pair of rainbow skinks and thought I got all the info from the pet store that I needed. I had no clue about reptile forums, I rarely ever used the computer and trueth be told I didn't even have a clue how to do a search. I can't even remember how I came across the first herp forum I found but I tell you my knowledge grew quickly once I did find a forum and people to talk to that had herp experience.

If people dont' like to see other's asking simple questions and get annoyed at some of the questions asked, then I think they should just ignore them and leave it at that. Don't post saying how lazy that person is and how stupid the question is or put them down with harsh words. It only discourages them and the one who suffers will be the animal.

And I'll admit I often ask for care sheets on animals. I always do google searches but who knows what I'm missing that someone else might have found?! I want any and all care sheets possible on the animals I research.

Anyway, that is just my 2cents. To each their own opinion.
Herps are like pringles, you can't stop at just one.
'believe me I know!!'