Thread: Just Curious...
View Single Post
Old 08-18-04, 08:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
jjnnbns

Send a message via MSN to jjnnbns
Quote:
Originally posted by tHeGiNo
Well in that case there is no excuse, there is never an excuse for an impulse purchase. You should always do every bit of research before hand, and have everything prepared to a T.
I agree 100%, but what about the kid who goes into the petstore to buy dogfood for his puppy and comes home with the snake... of course he is not prepared... no one ever told him to be (do you think that the person at the petstore ever told him to research first?)

All that I'm saying is that as much as people need to learn on their own, it is also nice to be welcomed when you are new to the hobby.

If you see that its a most basic question, and their first or second post... you can most likely assume that they are new to the hobby, and chastising them will only turn them away.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if this person has either been keeping certain animals for awhile, or is already aware of all the info on the net, then it is being LAZY... but how can you tell which is which?

When I bought my first snake I had no idea how many people kept snakes, and in such quantities! I thought that it would be hard to find others with the same interest. Then, a friend informed me of ssnakess and I decided to check it out. That was the best thing that I've found online yet!

Brent Strande

PS It is still fine to let people know that they need to do their research, but by providing the correct info as well, we may be retaining a future outstanding member!

AND BY POSTING "RESEARCH" INSTEAD OF A MORE HELPFUL ANSWER, AREN'T WE BEING JUST AS LAZY???

0.1 Corn Snake (Anery), 1.1 JCP (High Yellow), 1.1 BRB, 1.0 Albino BCI, 0.1 Het Albino BCI, 1.0 GTP (Jayapura type)

www.freewebs.com/brentstrande