Thread: Just Curious...
View Single Post
Old 08-17-04, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to jjnnbns
I still remember that when I got my first snake, I had not even heard of an internet forum... and had no idea that I should research how to care for a snake. Of course, after joining the site I have learned otherwise.

I had no books or anything (granted it was a cornsnake so it was pretty easy to find info!) but my first post was amazing! I asked multiple questions and got great answers to even the most simple questions! No one was hard on me and it is what hooked me on this site... and on internet forums.

I think that when someone asks even the simplist questions, we should be willing to give them advice and answers... and then point them in the general direction of other research.

If someone picked up a cornsnake on a whim, should the snake suffer because the person cannot get much info until the book on corns arrives in a week that they ordered from

Also, as much as there are many great caresheets out there, some people are quite computer illiterate, and finding many (or even a few) could possibly be more than they can handle.

Finally, what if the only qustions that they have could be answered quicker by stating the answer than by ridiculing? Why take the longer answer which in turn is less effective?

Here is the post that I first made on the site: My first snake ever, a few ?s

Read how helpful everyone was to me!!!
Brent Strande

0.1 Corn Snake (Anery), 1.1 JCP (High Yellow), 1.1 BRB, 1.0 Albino BCI, 0.1 Het Albino BCI, 1.0 GTP (Jayapura type)
Login to remove ads