View Single Post
Old 08-17-04, 04:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hi my name is Craig, I'm a snake-a-holic too.
I'm am absolutely obsessed with anything and everyting to do with snakes and reptiles in general. My girlfriend is going to leave me if I don't stop talking about snakes 24-7. I can't stop thinking about them so I can't stop talking about them. When I go to sleep at night, not only do I think about them when I'm falling asleep, but I dream about them too.
It wasn't always like this though. I used to be terrified of snakes, well I was intrigued by them, but would have never dreamt of being close enough to one to actually touch it. A couple years ago my friend bought a baby ball python and he bugged me and bugged me to hold it to get over my fear of snakes. Finally I caved and what a mistake that was. The obsession began. All I could think about was how cool the snake was and I had to have one. I researched like crazy to see what type of care they needed just to see if it was something that I wanted to take on. I also had to do a little (well actually alot) of convincing to my girlfriend. I took her over to my friend's so she could see how amazing it was. I don't think she felt the same way about it but nonetheless, permission was granted.
We shopped around trying to find the one I wanted, and to my surprise a week after we found one, my girlfriend suggested we get the ball python a lady friend. I had no objections.
I don't really know why I'm so addicted to them, but I definately know that I am. It is comforting knowing that there are lots of others that are in the same boat though. Oh well, better snakes than crack!

P.S. My girlfriend actually likes snakes now though, but a little scared of my male Surinam boa. Wait till I get my Bloods and ETB's, she'll love them!
1.4 Surinam(e) Bcc, 7.17 Ball Pythons, 2.6 Solomon Island Ground Boas, 2.2 Cornsnakes, 1.1 Colombian Bci, 1.2 Veiled Chameleons, 0.1 Uroplatus Sikorae, & lots of other creatures!!!
"Nevermind tomorrow, I'm not promised today"-innocent bystander :medtoothy