View Single Post
Old 08-17-04, 04:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
HumphreyBoagart

Hi my name is Craig, I'm a snake-a-holic too.
I'm am absolutely obsessed with anything and everyting to do with snakes and reptiles in general. My girlfriend is going to leave me if I don't stop talking about snakes 24-7. I can't stop thinking about them so I can't stop talking about them. When I go to sleep at night, not only do I think about them when I'm falling asleep, but I dream about them too.
It wasn't always like this though. I used to be terrified of snakes, well I was intrigued by them, but would have never dreamt of being close enough to one to actually touch it. A couple years ago my friend bought a baby ball python and he bugged me and bugged me to hold it to get over my fear of snakes. Finally I caved and what a mistake that was. The obsession began. All I could think about was how cool the snake was and I had to have one. I researched like crazy to see what type of care they needed just to see if it was something that I wanted to take on. I also had to do a little (well actually alot) of convincing to my girlfriend. I took her over to my friend's so she could see how amazing it was. I don't think she felt the same way about it but nonetheless, permission was granted.
We shopped around trying to find the one I wanted, and to my surprise a week after we found one, my girlfriend suggested we get the ball python a lady friend. I had no objections.
I don't really know why I'm so addicted to them, but I definately know that I am. It is comforting knowing that there are lots of others that are in the same boat though. Oh well, better snakes than crack!

Craig
P.S. My girlfriend actually likes snakes now though, but a little scared of my male Surinam boa. Wait till I get my Bloods and ETB's, she'll love them!