View Single Post
Old 08-17-04, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to damzookeeper
Hi, my name is Debbie and I'm a herp-a-holic. lol.
Yes, I think it is kind of an adiction. But hey, I don't smoke, don't drink, and don't go out and blow my money on just anything. But when it comes to my herps, I'm bad, really, really bad. lol. I have 5 of my own snakes, and 2 more on the way this month, and my daughter has one. My husband is absolutely terrified of snakes and originally told me "One, just one!" Boy was that a mistake! lol, I think part of it is a fasination. I've been handling snakes since I was a young kid, along with other herps. I brought a snapper home when I was 6 and declaired it as my new pet. That is how I ended up with my first painted turtle. Living in Quebec at the time and they were sold in pet stores. My mother was afraid I'd lose a finger with the snapper so she compromised by buying me a painted. I was never alowed to keep snakes though, but I always went out field herping and played with the snakes, frogs, turtle, sometimes even bugs when I was younger. I was known as a tomboy when I was very young and as I got older family and friends started calling me the zookeeper. lol, I've have all sorts of animals my entire life but the herps and exotics beat them all! So, I think it is mostly my fasination with them. But I agree, you can't stop at just one!" Does that make it an adiction?! Maybe.
Herps are like pringles, you can't stop at just one.
'believe me I know!!'