View Single Post
Old 08-17-04, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Siretsap's Avatar
Join Date: Jan-2003
Location: Montreal, Canada
Age: 36
Posts: 1,177
It won't cause any problems. The main problems I have seen when working with pc's is if you don't unplug the power cord. I was working on a pc with a friend and a static discharge from his finger in the case caused the pc to boot up!!! :-) Was funny as hell cause the discharge made his arm move back.

I even tried putting a whole chess set (magnet pieces) on a hard drive and boot it up and let it run for hours without any problems.

The only thing I had success wiping was a floppy using a fridge magnet (the usually ugly ones you get in the mail ).
Siretsap is offline