View Single Post
Old 08-09-04, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to capsicum Send a message via Yahoo to capsicum
Originally posted by Matt_K
I figured you would find this interesting..

Aren't Pit Bulls MEAN and VICIOUS?

No more vicious than golden retrievers, beagles or other popular dogs! In a recent study of 122 dog breeds by the American Temperament Testing Society (ATT), pit bulls achieved a passing rate of 83.9%. That's as good or better than beagles ... 78.2%, and golden retrievers ... 83.2%.

This info was taken from this site.. a must read for anyone with a fear of Pits..
You have one awesome dog Matt I absolutely LOVE pits and ANY bully breed. I have worked in dog training for a few years, and honestly have never had a problem training them. The only dog that ever bit me was a smaller breed dog.

As for dogs being responsible for their actions, that is a little hard to swallow. Yes there are many aggressive dogs, and yes there are many documented cases of pits or rottis attacking. However, when it comes down to it, take a look at where these dogs came from: breeders. If you breed aggressive dogs for their aggression, or don't pay attention to any inapropriate behaviour in your breeding stock, it comes down to the owners who have screwed up the animal.

It's same for any animal that is being bred. You allow certain (mostly unwanted) genetics into a line that you are breeding, it is still the fault of the human. Animals can only react to their situation. I doubt pits sit there and think "Hmm, now there's an a$$ I'd love to chomp", just doesn't jive with me.

PS Matt, your girl does look pretty close to pure, I have shown her pic to my hubby and he agrees that is exactly the kind of dog we are looking for

EDIT: Just wanted to point out that pit bulls and the likes (am staffs, staffies) are not large breed, they are actually medium breeds.
"I'm Somebody's Fetish"
- Goth Quotes

Last edited by capsicum; 08-09-04 at 03:58 PM..