View Single Post
Old 07-30-04, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to CHRISANDBOIDS14
Im not saying this to offend anyone here or to be hurtfull(as this includes me), but I think humans have been one of the worst things to happen to this planet, and we have ruined it enough, so now its time to turn around, think about everything, and re-adjust to our surroundings to make the world live long and prosper. We've done enough bad things to it already and we arent taking into account what we are ignoring in this world.

I am very facinated and interested and agree with alot of views of Dr. David Suzuki, and I have an example to point out. I know its a little off topic, but I will relate and bring it back later.

1 year ago, the formation of earth happened. Our current place in time is the last half second of that year. The time when humans began to walk the earth, was during the last few seconds of this year. So according to this year callender, we have been here for only about 5 seconds. Since then, we have greatly changed the earth, misstreated it, thousands of species have completly dissapeared, and we are not taking into account all the damage we have done. My social studies class figures that if we continue at this pace/level, we will have destroyed the earth within the first two days of the second year of the earth(if not earlier). I dont really remember all the numbers exactly, and may be a little off, but hopefully you understand that example(ask any questions you have if you want clarrification).

Humans(in general) have formed oppinions and given value to certain other beings around us, and not taken into account the importance of other beings. We have formed opinions and beliefs in certain cultures, and are ignoring some facts, that we really do not wish to hear. What makes a dog, so much more special than a rat? How many people will actually care to take in that rats CAN and DO have good personalities? Why is the mouse so disgusting to alot of people? Are these animals(and bugs) comming into our homes invading on us and trying to kill us? No, we are invading on THEIR territory. We have expanded alot. THEY were here first, we ran over their territory. Is it right to form an opinion on some animals just because of their capabilities? I personally dont think so. Just cause we cannot interact as much with some animals, does not mean they are of less value.

As an example, I know many of us(such as myself) are very facinated and really like animals such as: Snakes, Lizards, Amphibians, Inverts, Fish. Most(didnt say all and dont think im pointing fingers, just a general idea) of the outside public that is not part of our hobby, thinks: "Eww", "Gross", "Ugly", "Boring", "Stupid, "Sensless", 'blah blah blah', about the animals we keep/like. Why do people put "our" animals in that class? Because of public opinion/correctness. Why have some others been put into such high classes? Again, opinion/correctness, and a matter of emotion developed from things that have been put into our mind.

*Just a general question I though of*
Why should a spider be smushed on sight? Cause its ugly, and its in YOUR house right? Wrong, your "house" is on it's house. Most subdivisions going in on city property involves the destruction of some animals habitats. Then we move in and complain about them. Not right, they were there first, not us.

Anyways, I've been off topic too much.

In the wild, its unlikely, but probably going to occur, that a dingo, or wild cat is going to get eaten by a large snake! Komodos will eat dogs, livestock, and other animals like that that we put into their area. Its going to happen in the wild, why not in captivity? Of the sever thousands(maybe millions) of animals mistreated in captivity everyday, thousands will be put down because we said we would take care of them, but just toss them off instead. What gives us a right to toss off that animal, and then take its life because there is no place for it with use? Why waste all those lives? Throw them back into the food chain, mind you it should be done humainly, but at least make sure its not just wasted. For all we know, those dogs would be adopted, then one of them released on to city streets, taken by the pound, and euthenized. Why waste all that taking care of a dog that is going to get killed anyways? Put it through all the misery of being alone on the streets. Do you like being mistreated? No, Right? Then why should the dog. I hope everybody understands my points....and my position should be rather obvious, but I do agree that the teacher could have thought more about it instead of giving us(herpers) a rather bad image. Its things like this that also make us seem worse, and more people dislike the animals we love and care about.

None of the above was meant to offend anyone, nore pointing fingers are anyone. My examples were toward mostly the general public, with things that we all know happen every day. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, as I know that there are things I have done when I was younger. I do hunt, and always take as much as I can from the animal that will provide me well. I do get some mounted, but dissagree with wasting some the animal, and always take the useful parts and make sure they are put to use.

Thank-you for taking the time to read my post, and I hope you were able to understand it.

Good-day to you all!

0.2 Bloods for Sale. Adult and juvinile. PM me for details.