Thread: CITIES Number
View Single Post
Old 07-26-04, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Mar-2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Age: 58
Posts: 1,485
As far as I know you can't do that. Once its in the US legally, you'll need to apply to the US dept of the interior(USF&W) to get an export permit to take it back out of the US. Those permits can take 3 months to get and will be mailed to a US address if approved.
Both transactions will require a USF&W inspection on the US side. You'll need to book that inspection a couple days in advance, and the cost is 55US (usually more for CITES)
Also our Ontario CITES administrator is Mr. Andrew Taylor and he is on vacation for a month.

I hate to say it, but it simply isn't practical to take CITES animals on vacation or even to US shows unless you make plans to leave any you can't sell, because permits are one way only.

If you're going on vacation it's best to find a baby sitter
Uncle Roy
Herpetology - more than a hobby
It's a Lifestyle
celebrating 26 years of herp breeding
Stockwell is offline