View Single Post
Old 07-02-04, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
I love each and every animal in my collection of herps and inverts but 2 stand out more in my heart and they are my most precious gems.

1. Paco, my rescued iguana

Never liked iguanas until I saw this little girl at a local herp meeting up for adoption. It was love at first sight and I wouldn't give her up for anything in the world. She's not even the "nicest" ig either, actually she is very tempermental and I have well over 50 scars on my hands and forearms from this missus! But she has such a personality and I just can't imagine her not being around. Since I'm not the most social of people, I guess that's why we fit together so well! Like peas and carrots

2. Charlotte, Mexican red knee tarantula

She was my first tarantula and is still my favorite. She is very special to me because watching her is therapeutic for me. She's one of the few things that can make me forget everything else by just looking at her. It's wierd. I have many other Ts but it's just her that has this effect on me. She's always beautiful and calm.

I'm sure others would have thought that I would have named my albino boas as my gems and they are. But these two particular animals have a spell on me and will always stand out from the rest.

Keeper of 5 snakes, leopard geckos, 1 green iguana, 20+ tarantulas, 2 dogs & a bunch of rats!
Login to remove ads