View Single Post
Old 06-25-04, 04:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Vengence, most people that have 'rolled' with gangs or led a life of crime in the past, don't put down or discriminate against the ones that do it now.. Usually they give back to the community.. Ever heard of outreach programs?? Instead of writing off those kids as 'peices of trash' maybe you should take one under your wing, i mean, afterall, you're doing so much better for yourself now then they are..

Milk ads promote Gangs??? So, you can get a gat with a 2L of 2%?? SWEEET.. If you're refering to the 'more milk' ad with the guys rapping, that's not a 'Ghetto' culture, it's called MUSIC.. Hmmm, Beastie Boys are hip hop, and they're not 'ghetto'.. Instead of being stereotyical, and putting the Hip Hop and Rap communities into a pot and calling it 'Ghetto Culture', think about what it is.. It's ENTERTAINMENT.. Some of these artists have been through hell and back, you say you've led the life of a 'peice of trash' then appreciate what they're doing.. Yes, 50 Cent was shot, he was also living on the street at a very young age cause his parents were killed, but now he's making Millions telling his story.. Should kids mimic what these artists sing about? Probably not, but sometimes it happens.. But can you put all the blame on the music industry? No, you can't.. You don't think there are kids out there mimicing what they see in movies???

It's very unfortunate that some people look at these artists that sing about violence, and use them as role models and then mimic their lives after the artists, it really is, but you're no better by judging them..

Get aware, wake up, get a sense of humor
Quit tryin to censor music, this is for your kid's amusement
(The kids!) But don't blame me when lil' Eric jumps off of the terrace
You shoulda been watchin him - apparently you ain't parents - Eminem
So who's bringin the guns in this country? (Hmm?)
I couldn't sneak a plastic pellet gun through customs over in London
And last week, I seen a Schwarzaneggar movie
where he's shootin all sorts of these *guys* with a uzi
I sees three little kids, up in the front row,
screamin "Go," with their 17-year-old Uncle
I'm like, "Guidance - ain't they got the same moms and dads
who got mad when I asked if they liked violence?" - Eminem

Eminem: 'Take my music for what it's worth'
Interviewer: 'What is it worth?'
Eminem: 'Absolutely nothing'..