View Single Post
Old 06-21-04, 03:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Roy, very interesting your theory.

Vanan and I met b/c of herps and it seems we stay together b/c of herps!! There's been some darn rocky times however, but we're over three years now.

Why exactly do you believe herper couples burn out? B/c of finaces? Squables?? Should I dump Vanan find myself a rich non herper boy and live in paradise? <laugh>

Actually, I can't imagine it any other way now. We talk "shop" a lot, but we have so many other varied interests. Plus we're pretty darn seperate. Seperate collections, seperate herp food bills , seperate computers, heck we pay our food seperately. There is only one thing we share, and that's one bank acct (we have our own bank accts in different banks), which I don't even use! Just today we decided that "our" third cat belongs to Vanan. We don't even touch each other snakes or open containers or feed.

I think that's the key though. We have long since drawn the line on what's mine is mine and what's his is his.

Sorry to hijack. I've just found it interesting how many herper couples DON'T seperate their collections.