View Single Post
Old 06-20-04, 08:38 PM   #45 (permalink)
ReptiliansDOTca

Quote:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? It doesnt matter if it was provoked or not, spitting in someones face doesnt belong in the game. Consider Totti lucky to only get 3 games, another player during champions league received an 8 game suspension for the same thing. Totti was also lucky not to get a red card for that brutal tackle at the end of the match. As for the dives, sadly enough it has become a part of the game and you cant say that none of the Italians dive, every team has a player who goes down way to easily.

Well done England and Croatia was unlucky not to win, the Frecnh forward knocked the ball down with his hand. Oh well, it should be interesting to see how the group ends up.
Your right, it shouldn't be a part of the game, but for some reason I still don't think it is right to go back with 'video evidence' and make a claim. Soccer has always been, if the referee does not see it, it did not happen - that was part of the game. Although Totti's tackle did look like a malicious one, I do not think he all out intended on taking the player out. The end of the game was nearing, they were not winning against a team in which they should have been dominating, he was frustrated. I think he made a move too late and just followed through with it.

Quote:
As for the dives, sadly enough it has become a part of the game and you cant say that none of the Italians dive, every team has a player who goes down way to easily.
Yes, every team has a diver. However, not every team dives at every opportunity, and to that extent. My sister would cry less getting hit with equal force of some players that game, yet they nearly went into tears. And what upset me the most, is they faked a fall at crucial times to Italy, for example, during a scoring chance, or a likely opportunity to get something started. Again, in my opinion, soccer should remain that if the ref does not see it, it did not happen. I love the sport to death, however when I see instances like this, and people crying over being tapped in the shins while wearing shin pads, I sit there and laugh at how pathetic they are. Like I said, if Denmark can go back and file that complaint, why can't Italy do the same for the World Cup games when they were eliminated by Korea because the referee's rigged the game, and discounted several goals that with revision of the video clearly shows the player being onside. Aw well, that is in the past now.

I am glad Portugal advanced, I am a little disappointed that Greece went through rather then Spain, but such is life.
Login to remove ads